Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 1

Got to the CVG airport and shot the shit with and old buddy that works at Wolfgang-Puck.  I have known him from previous travels.  Flight to JFK was slightly delayed, about 40 minutes.  I originally booked an exit row seat for quick and easy access to restroom in case some heavy drinking went on beforehand.  The flight to JFK was empty, so I ended up with an entire exit row to myself.  I got the window seat also.  I flew over our house, and I cannot believe how close we are to Scott High School.  No wonder I can hear the marching band playing sometimes in my backyard. 
At CVG, waiting for the plane to board, I was sitting next to an older woman who was a stroke victim, on her way to Israel for more spiritual healing on a mission trip.  WOW she was very nice, but on a whole different religious level than me.
I thought that JFK was kind of a shithole, very rundown with cramped terminals, and rude ass TSA staff.  I finally got out of there.
The flight to Amman was LONG.  I got no sleep, but was entertained by some new release movies.  I finally get to the hotel around 5:30 Jordan time, 10:00 AM Eastern time and fell straight asleep.
I was awakened by the front desk asking me if everything was OK with my room.  I know she was trying to be nice, but it pissed me off. 
I got cleaned up and proceeded to explore the hotel because my Internet did not work.  I didn't bring a LAN cable, and the one in the room didn't work.  I also think I blew out one of the electric sockets here in the room.  OOPS!  As you can tell, I got a new cable from the front desk.
It is unreal the security at this hotel.  The tested the car for gunpowder residue and ran it through a scanner before we could get to the main entrance.  Myself and my bags were ran through a scanner, just like security at the airport.  I guess that is one way to keep violence down in Jordan.  It appears to be a nice city, everything seems to be under construction.  There are some badass cars here, I have already seen a couple of Ferrari's, Maserati's, and high end Mercedes.
Went to one of the bars here at the hotel, spent about $100.00 on 5 Beam and Cokes.  My asshole puckered when I saw that check. 
I think I was getting solicited by a Russian prostitute.  She was trying to talk to me in (drunk) broken English and trying to get me to buy her a drink.  Keep in mind, the only thing that I did understand out of her mouth was that she had cirrhosis of the liver.  WTF, and you want me to buy you a drink?   I promptly left after that masquerade.  The bartender apologized and said she needed to be thrown out.
I need to be in the lobby at 8:00 AM tomorrow, so I am about to hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment